Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Childhood dreams

My dreams at 10 were for my Dad to come home safely from the Persian Gulf.

I also dreamed of running away. Sometimes, I would see myself living in a tree, sometimes I was hollowing out a hay bale and making myself a cozy home inside, sometimes I was living in my grandparents attic, while my parents searched, but never found me.

I wanted to be a writer and I loved writing screenplays which my siblings & visiting cousins would act out while I directed & edited--strange science-fiction meets emotional human drama, always with people lost then found.

I mostly dreamed about finding a kindred spirit friend and planning more pretending games--building forts in "Sherwood forest," dragging our wagon through the fields in "Oregon trail." I lived in a world of dreams!

What were your dreams in childhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment