Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dreams can come true

At first it sounds crazy… things don’t just fall into place...

But then I started to think over my own life, and how some dreams actually have come true already… the most obvious is my husband to whom I’ve been married for 7 years.

When I was 17, I created a “The perfect guy list”… I added to for 3 years before I even met the man I would eventually marry. Except for playing guitar and speaking French, every other of my (86!) items on my list came true!

Its like writing dreams down somehow helps you to recognize them when they come into your life.

When I really think about it–it is kind of miraculous. As much as I’ve changed since the age of 17… this “dream” list still represents my most important values–and still helps me recognize, in the face of daily hassles, kid-crises, and work stress–that my dream life-partner is my very own, real, flesh-and-blood husband.

I guess dreams can come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment